2014年6月26日

Twinkle Twinkle Beading Hearts

Album Link: Beading Hearts

It's a bit late, but I still need to record this important milestone in my handmade chronicle - for the first time in my life, I literally sold my handicraft works in a creative market!!

I remember just before last Christmas, one friend asked me if I wanted to join her and sell something at a one-afternoon-only creative market. Sure!! Selling my handmade works has been always one of my dreams, and since the chanced had fallen on me by fate, I would take it for sure!!

However, after the first excitement had faded away, anxiety and self-doubt took the place. What am I going to make and sell? Are my works qualified and good enough to sell as products? What if no one bought my handicrafts?

I had spent weeks before I had finally calmed myself down and made decision about the product I was going to sell.

The inspiration came from the Christmas gift I made Christmas. It was a Christmas-style beading heart with classic look. And actually I loved it so much that I decided to make a Christmas boot for my friend instead, and so I could keep the beading heart to myself.


Since the heart was so lovable, I thought it would be popular and attracting a lot of female customers as well.

After the idea was confirmed and acknowledged by two other partners, I started to work days and nights non-stop for almost two weeks, and finally made about 20 beading hearts. Each heart had different and unique design. For example, the heart on the left is like a piece of jewelry, with deep and rich color tone but decorated by a golden touch in the middle. This is my favorite one.

On the big day, we set up the stand early and prepared to sell our stuff. My beading hearts were not so popular as expected; however my other product, Runic Lucky Charm, did. Nevertheless, it's all about
dream-come-true and the experiences on the way.

Although that might be a one-time-deal, the important thing was, I proved my handicraft works valuable, and someone did think them worthy of the price I set. Who could ask for anything more?

I've still got some beading hearts left; thus if you want to buy one, feel free to contact me. They can be used as pendants for key chains, accessories, or necklaces. Want your own unique and personalized beading heart? Contact me SOON!!


沒有留言:

張貼留言